Document integration based on the type of knowledge and its applicability is a prerequisite for effective and successful knowledge sharing. This is not merely about collecting documents and storing them at one place but about the set of processes and rules for handling them including their creation, storage, access management, update and finally about their disposal. And all this is done keeping in mind not only our client’s requirements but also the relevant legal provisions, specifically 499/2004 Coll. on archiving, 101/2000 Coll., etc.
Standard components of a service package:
- The audit of existing documentation and its adequate segmentation.
- The creation of profiles for employees based on their access rights to the individual documentation segments; defining the requirements for documentation of knowledge by the staff according to their roles and positions, including who is responsible for which knowledge areas and to whom to turn to in case a specific information is needed, how and when to regularly update &/or verify the validity of the documentation or the knowledge.
- Document storage on a user portal (existing or newly developed) which serves as the single source of documents for the users. From the user point of view all the documentation is available on this portal, although usually not in a physical form.
- The evaluation of the completeness and the state of being up to date of the documentation as the prerequisite for rectifications.
- The setting-up of the processes necessary for reporting of deficiencies and registering of the requirements for developing new documentation, including a possible integration of the new processes in the portal.
- The setting up of regular reporting about the status of the documentation in terms of content as well as technical support and capacity.