Document management system
Our document management solution based on opensource version of Alfresco application represents an ideal solution for all small and mid size businesses, for whom the licensed DMS solutions that incur per user licensing fee for full manufacturer support, are a big financial expense but who could afford to be less demanding with respect to reliability(i.e. 24/7 support ...) stemming from lack of support from the solution provider. On the other hand, it does not have to limit the number of users and they can easily create accounts for their customers and / or partners regardless of the extent of the mutual cooperation.
At the same time, the capability to securely communicate and store the customer documentation on the infrastructure owned by them represents a significant advantage. Another great advantage is also the possibility of merging normal working environment with the repository for important, approved and certified documents such as contracts or products documentation without incommensurate restrictions for regular work on one side or reduced protection on the other. The delivery may also include a link-up with the above-mentioned user-based application portal Moodle.
Storage functionality includes:
- Saving documents and other information and their classification according to the attributes (metadata) specific to the company. The standard data model can be readily supplemented by additional document properties including creating links between documents (eg pdf and its source, multi-language version , the person responsible for the document etc).
- Quick search not only by the classic searching of the expression anywhere in the document but also by querying its attributes.
- Simple user interface with reports of who has recently done what supplemented by e - mail notifications, document viewing options and other additional functionalities focused on user input such as comments on the documents , chats, discussions, calendar or Wiki.
- User can access and / or insert a document not only through the web but also using WebDAV, FTP, IMAP, file sharing protocol Sharepoint and the new CMIS standard. The work can also be simplified by sending e - mails directly to the storage and subsequent processing of attachments based on the parameters of the e - mail.
- Assured (forced) version creation, rule based manipulation of documents (eg, PDF creation and document archiving due to a change) and creating Workflow. Also important is the ability to synchronize the contents of the repository with another Alfresco repository (eg cooperation with partners).